July 29, 2015

arizona turquoise is in the shop!

Kingman Turquoise earrings
Earlier this year, I made a trip back to Kingman to buy more Turquoise beads. I have been busy making many pieces with it, and I am excited to share them with you! I'm partway through photographing and listing the completed pieces in my Etsy shop. Thanks to a good reception to the early small batch of Turquoise jewelry, my shop was almost out of it. A lot more Kingman Turquoise jewelry is still coming, including some in smaller smooth chips that have lots of blue color, more of the unique New Boulder variety, and pieces made with some large chips in the intensely-hued High Blue variety (which will be very different). This Turquoise is stabilized as most Turquoise is, but the colors are always natural, never dyed. I love that I can go select and buy these beads in person, directly from the company that mines and processes it from the Kingman deposit at Mineral Park Mine. Kingman Turquoise is known to be some of the best and most beautiful in North America. I can see why; once I discovered it, I became very enthusiastic about creating jewelry with Turquoise. Now I sort of feel like a real southwesterner, making jewelry with local Arizona Turquoise!

I have also been making and listing a few more pieces with the rare and beautiful Larimar, and a few other assorted stones. I seem to have a blue theme going in my shop.

Here are some examples of what I have recently listed. Be sure to see my whole shop for everything that is currently available, and check back for more over the next few weeks!

Kingman Turquoise earrings (New Boulder, as is top photo)
Kingman Turquoise earrings (New Boulder)
Kingman Turquoise necklace
Kingman Turquoise necklace (High Blue)
Kingman Turquoise necklace (New Boulder)

No comments: