April 30, 2015

so thankful today

blossoms, earlier this spring
It's been a while since I wrote a post here. My family is going through some big changes and stresses due to divorce (which is still in progress). I finally got things set up the way I want on one of my kids' computers and wanted to get back into posting!

Today I was inspired by another blogger to jump back into posting starting with a Thankful post. I really have a lot to be thankful for, I'm sure this list is far from complete.


What I'm thankful for right now:

- God
- My boys
- Family
- Beautiful nature all around me
- My boys' school
- Being able to continue living in the same home
- A vehicle I like to drive (it may be nearly 10 years old, but I still love it!)
- Plenty of cheerful sunshine
- Food in the house
- Caring people, helpful people (even if it's their job, I've been blessed by so many people lately who make things a better experience than they could be! Thank You to everyone who does their job cheerfully and with an attitude that makes people feel taken care of.)
- Good music
- Quail visiting my backyard 
- Being able to watch shows on the DVR when I eat lunch by myself
- Utilities, clean water (sometimes it's the basic things; I'm trying not to take them for granted)
- Cashew Clusters from Costco (sometimes it's the little things)
- The opportunity to work from home (planning to work harder at that in the future!)
- Internet to connect to the world
- Books
- Being able to take photos
- My bed when I need rest at night
- Quiet, peaceful moments
- Loving where I live

More things I've been thankful for lately:

impromptu Bible Study at the lake on the way home from school, courtesy of my older son


Willow Lake is just a few minutes from our house


Willow Lake, the highest we've seen the water (no old water lines showing!)


at sunset, looking east across the grasslands on the way to Chino Valley


a vibrant sunset seen from our house


No comments: