February 18, 2014

now open: minimalist gemstone jewelry shop

Kingman Turquoise Earrings
My new Etsy shop is now open! I have a bunch more items partly finished, awaiting more chain and other supplies. I would like to build up a good inventory in this shop, but don't let that stop you from checking it out now! There is a variety of stones featured already. Included are some pieces made from Kingman Arizona Turquoise, along with Ocean Jasper, Kyanite, and rare Larimar.

My new shop is called Granite Mountain Gems. When I opened another Etsy shop, I wanted it to have a name that related to where we live now. Granite Mountain is a prominent mountain near Prescott, like a rugged yet majestic sentinel standing watch over the area. We can see it from our neighborhood (from our neighbor's driveway, in fact, just not from our own house). I think the name relates well to the stone-centric nature of this line of jewelry.

As you browse, please note that chain necklaces and chain dangle earrings can be shortened if you wish, the descriptions have more information. Necklaces are made to hang about nine inches (on each side) from the clasp in back, around to the front where the stone (or multiple-stone bar) are attached. The set length of chain and differing lengths of wire that the stone(s) are on lead to the varying total lengths of the necklaces listed. They can be shortened to hang closer to, or at, your collarbone. Swingy chain dangle earrings can also be shortened, I have chosen a second length (listed in the description) that would shorten them significantly but still be a pleasing design. Necklace length choices are given as size options when buying. If you wish chain dangle earrings to be shortened, just let me know in "note to seller" when buying and they will be shortened to the alternate length given in the description (I thought it would be weird to offer different earring lengths as size options, but maybe not?).

Here's a screen shot of my shop from last week as I was setting it up:




No comments: