January 2, 2014

welcome 2014!

lights on tree outside mall
Welcome 2014! Time to catch up on the blog! So many half-finished posts, both online and in my head.

We have now been in Prescott, Arizona for a year. We are still discovering new things around the area. The week of Christmas, we took a drive one morning to see where a road went, and ended up on an unpaved road on top an almost 7000 foot mountain just outside town. To my delight, it still had snow from previous weeks, and was wooded with tall pines (AKA real trees) and a stand of aspen. I want to remember to go back and see the aspen next fall.

tall pines and snow

What's in store for me in 2014? Hopefully a great year of fun projects, happy times, and lots of new jewelry in my Etsy shop! For Christmas, my husband built me a custom desk to fit around some storage cubbies and plastic drawers that is strictly for creating my metal clay jewelry pieces. (I lost my dedicated table when we moved, it didn't fit in our current dining room studio.) I'm looking forward to using it as soon as I get an easy-to-clean glass top for it.

I'm taking Ali Edward's One Little Word workshop again, and this year my word is Forward. After (mostly) recovering from several very stressful years and a big move, I feel it's time (and I'm ready) to move forward. I am so glad I did this online class last year, and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it.

I plan to continue doing digital 12x12 scrapbook layouts, but I'm also very interested in documenting 2014 in a Project Life type album (perhaps one page per week, rather than the common two-page spread each week). I did a smaller version of this with our First Year in Arizona book (will share more photos of that soon). While I have no interest in going back to traditional paper 12x12 layouts, I found there's something satisfying and therapeutic about capturing the random things of life, and slipping photos, journal cards, and assorted memorabilia into pockets.

I have some other projects sitting on the back burner as well, perhaps this is the year I get back into some things I haven't done for a while.

Happy New Year! I wish you all the best. What's in store for you in 2014?

my boys, on our New Year's Day hike in the rocks near Willow Lake

No comments: