March 8, 2013

today's view

Just yesterday I was outside in a t-shirt, and I spotted a little lizard sunning himself on a rock. This morning it was raining (just to make sure I don't miss Oregon too much), and now it is snowing. It seems we started spring break with snow last year, too. This year I am glad it didn't start until later in the day, as there was a special American Heritage program at my boys' school that my mom and I were able to experience before their (planned) early dismissal. I got to watch my younger son act as one of Daniel Boone's sons and as a Cherokee Indian, and my older son sing patriotic songs in choir. And just in the time it took me to prepare this post, the snow has turned everything white. Love it! 


our backyard (yes we have gravel instead of lawn)



No comments: