February 22, 2011

horse & nature jewelry in progress

I just took all my recently completed silver metal clay pieces to be fired. And wow, I got back from my errands just before a dark cloud came in! As I write this, I am cozy indoors, and it is pouring rain mixed with ice/snow outdoors. Not that I'd have a problem with that, I am a native Oregonian after all (and rarely use an umbrella). But getting in and out of the truck several times without getting wet is always good!

Anyway, I promised in my last post I would show you what I have been working on. Plenty of pendants, plus a couple bracelet links, and a pair of earring components. Some are familiar designs done in different variations, and some are newer designs. They will end up in my Etsy shop once they are oxidized, polished, and incorporated into finished jewelry (some with special stone beads). Here they are shown after the final sanding and refining, before getting fired in a special kiln that will burn off the binder and leave them solid .999 Fine Silver.



No comments: