October 4, 2010

fall organizing

Cosmos "Purity"
(a favorite from my yard, grown from seed)
 Did you know the first week of October is Get Organized Week? For once, I am ahead of the game! It makes perfect sense to me, though. We always hear about the traditional spring cleaning, but there's something about fall that makes me want to clean out junk and get everything organized. It could be left over from my school days, as going back to school seems to inspire (or require) organizing. Or maybe it's a sort of harvest and/or preparing to settle into winter instinct. In any case, I've been doing just that the last several weeks. I even finished a few sewing projects that had been waiting around, and now there are no piles, stacks, or bags of supplies for one-time projects sitting around on my work space floor. Let me tell you, that was a hard-won victory!

Sneak peek of my latest metal clay pieces (ready to be fired):


Watch for these to turn into jewelry in the coming weeks! Includes several pair of autumn leaves earrings and a new ocean wave image (which should look really neat once the design is brought out with oxidation).

No comments: